Monday, October 02, 2006

pack, miami, pet parade

Pack vs. Eagles tonight. We're about three minutes in and the Packers are not losing yet so thats a good sign. They're actually moving the ball pretty well at the moment (knocking on some nearby wood). I believe Philly is favored by eleven tonight which is a pretty big number in the NFL. I hate Philly...they're the new Cowboys pf the 90's to the Packers. Very reminicent of when the Pack would have to travel to Dallas every year and get whooped.

[Personal foul - late hit on Favre! Ball on the 6 yard line!]

We'll see. I obviously don't expect them to win tonight, but I have do have some High Life flowing and some homer cheering going on. On a fantasy football note, my team, Lynn's Dickey, has a 70-point lead going into tonight. Pretty good margin, but I don't have anyone playing and the other guy has Donald Driver and Philly's Tight End playing so as long as they don't catch two TD's a piece, I should be good.

[Packers field goal - lead 3-0]

On a related note, we booked our hotel for the upcoming Miami trip. We're staying the Hotel Chelsea in South Beach. Seems like a nice place. It got a lot of good reviews over on Expedia.com.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This past weekend was the annual Pet Parade down Brady Street on Milwaukee's fashionable East Side. I took Olive and it was a pretty good time. I was surprised at how many people there are in the neighborhood that have dogs. And there are dogs of all shapes and sizes around. I only saw two other pugs around. Olive of course was the smallest and cutest. She got many compliments despite her lack of a costume. Some dogs (and their crazy owners) were decked out in disguises.
The parade travelled West down Brady Street and headed South down Cass Street to St. Rita's Church. Once all the dogs and owners gathered outside the church, Fr. Tim (who married Kirsten and I) came out and blessed all the dogs. Pretty cute and now Olive is a blessed pug. You would think this would make her behave better but so far, no luck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool name "Lynn's Dickey" I still think Lynn Dickey is the best Packer QB or all time.

10/05/2006 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wrong Todd. It's Starr then Favre.

Derek was knocking on nearby wood?

10/05/2006 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home