Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sidebar Poll

I wanted to add a poll to my blog just for the fun of it and when I was trying to come up with a question to ask you, the loyal reading community, only one option came to me. My wife often gives me what I will nicely refer to as "feedback" on my blog. One of the frequent "feedback" topics is my lack of pictures of us on the blog and the various pictures of things that I post.

Every time this comes up my reply is the same..."it's MY blog not OUR blog! If you would like to create a blog together we can do that but until then zip it!" Ok, so it's not quite as forceful as that. More like "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'll try to change! Really!" Anyway, another comment I have is that if she's so interested in the blog, she should be like some of the other readers and leave comments on the posts! So there it is..I pose the question to you on the sidebar, "Shouldn't my wife have to leave public comments on the blog in order to give me unsolicited "feedback" on my posts?"

Please vote! Thanks!

[NOTE: I voted for "Absolutley" as a test to make sure the poll works. I'm revealing this information because I don't want any accusations of poll-tampering or hanging chads or anything like that]

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gots to agree wif you whole heartedly.

8/16/2006 8:38 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

WHAT? I can't believe the results so far, you must have only men voting. Obviously she's the boss. :)

8/17/2006 8:03 AM  
Blogger Babsy said...

there is a profile picture of you as a couple quite prominent on your blog--that is way more than most have. it is not as if you are hiding the fact that you are a married man. i am with you derek, SPOUSES should either comment publically or start their own blog!

8/17/2006 11:39 AM  
Blogger Robin Alexa said...

I voted she's the boss because we chicks stick together.

It's the code.

8/17/2006 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

normally I would vote along gender lines. however, in this case, it's a blogger issue. i've run into this too, and the the disclaimer on your blog states that the blog is for the blogger. unfortunately, it's NOT for the readers...it would be a shame to have to shut down one of your creative outlets.

8/17/2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger Orchid Lover said...

She's the boss! Although it would be nice to see her thoughts on your posts... Come on Kirsten! Join us in the blog world!

8/17/2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I think she should post comments, too. My husband used to do the same thing with the ~feedback~. I agree with Babsy, too...your profile pic is of the two of you, you blog about her and stuff you do together all the time. If you never mentioned her and it could be construed that you were hiding the fact that you're married, I would be behind her 100%.

Does she have her own blog??
~L.

8/18/2006 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true, women ARE the bosses. However, I voted absolutely on this one because I feel the same way about people who verbalize their comments when they see me, or when they email me about something I wrote on the blog. Post a comment! That way everyone can see the feedback and continue the conversation!

8/20/2006 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home