Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Apologies, dog, coffee, music

[NOTE: This post was updated as I remembered that the beer I had was from Vermont so I was able to "Google it" to find the name]

[Note: This post was updated again with pictures]

My apologies dear readers for my lack of posts. Things have been pretty crazy lately at work due to a big project falling behind causing my team to make up the extra work and hours. I promise though that I am working on some nice, well thought out, posts instead of the useless drivel I've been dishing out. Except for my previous post, which was from the heart. (But it only garnered one comment...ouch baby, very ouch).

Little Miss Olive is growing bigger each day and learning all kinds of new things like going up steps, going to the bathroom outside and the ability to shake off a kick to the ribs for doing things she knows she shouldn't. She's also demostrated a taste for High Life, something that makes her daddy proud. I have some pictures to post so keep an eye out for those. Can't do it at the moment because I'm on company time and the pics are on my home laptop. ;)

Olive w/ RockyOlive w/ MomOlive Closeup
Last night Kirsten hosted her monthly (or so) book club meeting at our condo so that meant "No Boys Allowed." So I packed up my baby and grabbed the book I'm currently reading and headed out to walk the East Side in search of a place to crash for a couple hours. I badly wanted a beer but couldn't bring myself to be one of "those" people who sit in bars by themselves at night. So, I headed over to Rochambo, a coffee and tea house on Brady Street not far from our place. I have been inside there once, briefly, and so to me, this was my first "real" time there. I ordered a cup of coffee and settled in at a small table to start reading.

I have officially entered a "John Grisham Phase" in my reading. I am in the process of reading The Runaway Jury after knocking out The Broker and A Painted House over the past couple weeks. For the record, The Broker was excellent and A Painted House was just ok. I'm hoping I haven't been spoiled by the first book of his I read. I have about a dozen Grisham books now. My Dad has them all (I think) and gave me a bag full last weekend when I was up in Green Bay. Back to Rochambo...

I put on my headphones and cranked up Tom Petty's new album "Highway Companion" which is AWESOME. I was drinking my coffee when I overheard someone, even through my earphones, order a beer. My ears perked up and a smile crept across my face. They have beer here? Sweet! Now I can have the best of both worlds. I can drink beer and not feel like a deadbeat because it certainly wasn't like a "bar" atmosphere. Though I wonder if I could add it to the list?

I finished my coffee and the chapter I was on and went up to the counter. The friendly tender recommended an organic Pale Ale, which I cannot remember the name of as I type this, called Wolaver's which is brewed in Vermont, and it was tasty. So tasty that I had a second. After that I went back home at pretty much the same time book club was wrapping up. All the ladies were ooohing and aaahing over Olive. Man, what a chick magnet she is!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, dogs are a chick magnet, but you are married so...

8/08/2006 4:08 PM  
Blogger Babsy said...

cutie patootie olive! who is the other dog photographed--does she already have a beau?

i love that your wife also has a book club. now i don't feel like such as dork that i have a monthly book club--although i think we get together more to eat and socialize than discuss literature in a serious manner.

8/08/2006 10:29 PM  
Blogger Orchid Lover said...

Oh my, those pictures are SO cute! I love the one of Kirsten sleeping and Olive taking her place smashed against her head :) I laughed out loud at the one of her and Rocky! What a difference! Glad to hear things are going well for you and hope to read some more great posts in the near future

8/09/2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger Mr. Interesting said...

Organic beer? Well, aren't you Mr. Healthy!! I've found that dogs, babies and even wedding rings are chick magnets!! :)

8/14/2006 12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture of Kirsten with olive is precious! And so is the one with rocky and olive!

8/15/2006 8:41 PM  
Blogger Robin Alexa said...

Awwwwwwwww OLIVE I LOVE YOU!!!!!

And that pic of Olive and Mommy is TOO sweet.

8/17/2006 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home