Tuesday, March 08, 2005

100 Things

Since I've enjoyed reading the "100 Things" others have (see: BigDubb, Katie), I suppose it's my turn so here goes:

  1. I grew up in Green Bay
  2. I live in Milwaukee now
  3. I moved here to go to college
  4. I went to UW-Milwaukee
  5. I graduated with a degree in Management Information Systems
  6. My birthday is January 31
  7. Which makes me an Aquarias
  8. I have two younger sisters
  9. Both live in Green Bay
  10. I am getting married October 29
  11. To a girl named Kirsten
  12. She is a nurse
  13. My sister Gina is getting married in May of 2006
  14. To a guy named Chris
  15. He is a volunteer fireman
  16. My sister Jessica has no plans of getting married yet
  17. Probably because her boyfriend is in Iraq
  18. My favorite food is steak
  19. But I love Qdoba burritos
  20. And Miller High Life
  21. Definitely not Budweiser
  22. Growing up I wanted to be a History teacher
  23. But I'm afraid of speaking in public
  24. So I'm a software developer
  25. And now I've had to get glasses
  26. But I only wear them when I drive at night
  27. I once painted a snake silver when I was a kid
  28. I was grounded for that
  29. I played tennis in high school
  30. I've played twice since
  31. I am working at my second job since college
  32. It won't be my last
  33. Growing up, I lived in 2 houses in Green Bay
  34. In both neighborhoods my best friend's name was Chad
  35. My parents have been married 30 years
  36. And I'm sure they'll make it another 30
  37. My Dad is the person I most admire
  38. My first cassette was "Born in the USA"
  39. My first CD was "C & C Music Factory"
  40. Both were mistakes
  41. I went to school in Mexico for a summer
  42. I learned more there than in 4 years of high school
  43. I got a perfect score on my driver's test
  44. I doubt I would get one now
  45. I seem to communicate best through movie quotes
  46. I am trying to learn to cook more
  47. But meatloaf seems to be my apex
  48. My favorite restaurant in Milwaukee is Il Mito
  49. I think cats are sneaky
  50. I'm half way through this list
  51. My family had a dog named "Ernie"
  52. We had to put him down a couple weeks ago
  53. My favorite thing to do is hanging out with friends at a pub
  54. Or hosting a cookout
  55. Apparently I have anxiety issues
  56. Or so the doctor thinks
  57. I think I am just nervous
  58. I was prom king
  59. I got to keep the scepter, but not the crown
  60. I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat
  61. I just want our country to be the best
  62. My favorite season is Fall
  63. Primarily because it is Packers season
  64. I was one of those kids that let Packers players ride their bikes
  65. I get goosebumps in Lambeau Field
  66. What relaxes me most is having a glass of wine and watching "The Thomas Crown Affair"
  67. I prefer Pinot Noir
  68. But not because of the movie "Sideways"
  69. Which is a movie I loved
  70. I have smoked cigarettes
  71. But not regularily
  72. I have a hard time pronouncing "regularily"
  73. I may or may not have smoked other things
  74. But not since college
  75. I have many nicknames, but "Double-D" seems to be the most popular
  76. I have great friends
  77. And not too many enemies
  78. Except for the Minnesota Vikings
  79. I recently started drinking coffee
  80. I drink Starbucks Breakfast Blend
  81. I want to move somewhere warmer
  82. But I probably won't
  83. My New Year's Resolution was to get in better touch with friends
  84. Since most of my friends are married and/or have children
  85. I think staying in touch is very hard work
  86. Blogging is my new favorite past time
  87. I think it's a good way to vent
  88. And I am grateful for the people that read it and leave comments
  89. For some reason I put almost everything into a spreadsheet
  90. I guess I'm organized
  91. A guilty pleasure is watching "The O.C."
  92. My favorite show is "CSI: Miami"
  93. I like Thanksgiving the best
  94. I own my own home
  95. I get distracted easily
  96. Where was I
  97. Oh yea, I try to be a good listener
  98. I like helping people with problems rather than focusing on my own
  99. I believe in ghosts
  100. This was pretty hard to do, but worthwhile. Jogged a lot of old memories!

11 Comments:

Blogger Orchid Lover said...

So much I didn't know about my big brother :) Cool list! I'll have to get going on mine tonight

3/08/2005 1:27 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Come on BigDubb! I even referenced you at the beginning!

3/08/2005 1:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great List,I loved how they were all connected!I may have to do another 100.

3/08/2005 2:10 PM  
Blogger The Unprocessed Project said...

The most clever list I have seen so far. We have a lot in common. I love steak and Qdoba. Hate Budwiser. I am trying to cook more. I just started drinking coffee. I am organized. I love wine. There is probably more.

3/08/2005 2:32 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

(a different katie)

Neither "Born in the USA" or "C&C Music Factory" were mistakes. They are cultural icons that perfectly epitomize and era. ;)

3/09/2005 5:05 PM  
Blogger hot babe said...

Let me get this straight- they gave you a crown for prom king & then took it away? That simply seems wrong.

3/09/2005 5:18 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say "thanks" for all the kind words about the list. It was a lot of fun to write.

Lizzy: You would be surprised at how much it flows once you get going.

Stacy: Maybe not 100, but I'll see if I can get another 50

Katie #1: Thanks for the nice compliment.

Tara: Everyone should have those things in common! :)

Katie #2: You're right. I shouldn't look back with any regrets!

Hot Babe: Yea! I had to give the crown back. Apparently they pass that on but the almighty scepter is mine! Now if I could just remember what box of junk I put it in!

Thanks again everyone!

3/09/2005 10:10 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Excellent list! I'm not sure how I missed this post, I'm so late to the party. My parents have been married 30 years too, and you are getting married on pretty much the same weekend I did. I think we already figured that out.

I also LOVE Mexican food, and I'm glad to hear there is some good Mexican in Milwakuee. And I loved Sideways, but I've been kind of avoiding Pinot Noir because it's so everywhere now.

3/12/2005 7:31 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

I have lived in Milwaukee (born there), love the Packers (how could you not?)I don't like Budweiser (but I do like the horses), cats are sneaky my favorite season is Fall (dry and cool),I have a hard time pronouncing "shsh" words like "conscious",I want to move somewhere warmer but I probably won't because I love Wisconsin and I'd miss the snow,I think staying in touch is very hard work, Blogging is my new favorite past time (can we say "addict"?), I like Thanksgiving (everyone is too full to fight), I get distracted easily and I believe in ghosts. Isn't it great knowing that you have things in common with other people? Makes you feel less crazy.

3/24/2005 10:30 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Great list! My new favorite thing (besides photography) is blogging. I'm addicted!

5/10/2005 2:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey check mine out. isn't it kind of fun to only think about yourself for a little while.

5/17/2005 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home