Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Wash On, Wash Off

Alright, I need to vent about this. It can be ignored no longer. I started working at my current job 6 months ago. When I started, like most people, I went through an orientation. They tell you many things about the company. Benefits, expectations, etc. One thing they do not talk about, but the should, is WASHING YOUR HANDS AFTER GOING TO THE BATHROOM!!! I am going to say roughly 35% of people that work where I do, actually do it. Today, I was in the bathroom sitting, pondering life's unanswerable questions. During that time THREE people came in at different times, went to the bathroom, and left without washing their hands! Does this happen everywhere? I never noticed this at my prior job but it happens all the time where I am now. Grrr...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, most people do not wash their hands after taking a squirt or dropping the duece unless someone is in the restroom with them.

At Strong, Dick had cameras in all the bathrooms making SURE everyone washed their hands afterwards, you might want to drop that in the suggestion box at Manpower!

3/03/2005 11:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

People make me want to gag.

My mom is a restarant manager and she had to sit some bus boy down and tell him he can not adjust himself at work.What a horrible situation to have to have a policy or to actually have to verbalize things like adjusting yourself and bathroom hygene.Are people pigs or what?

3/03/2005 10:57 PM  
Blogger The Unprocessed Project said...

I sure hope you don't work in food service! That is just plain gross, no matter what the business is.

3/04/2005 4:36 PM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

It has happened everywhere that I have worked- food service included. You would think that even if they weren't thinking about other people that they'd at least want to do it for themselves!

3/09/2005 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home