Saturday, February 26, 2005

Allow me introduce you to...

Ryan Horton. That name has been given new meaning to all us Milwaukeeans lately. A year ago, I simply called him a "friend." Now he's much more. Ryan, and his passion for making Milwaukee a better place or his passion to pay his bills, has become a local celebrity. Freeway, Pepperoni Cannoli, Crazy Ray. Each have created their own place in our town. Now, they have competition for the most recognizable face in Milwaukee, Ryan Horton. Ryan, pictured below, can be heard on the radio giving his report on Milwaukee economic growth, can be found in the Milwaukee Business Journal contributing his vast, seemingly endless, knowledge to stories, or as you see below, used in the UWM newsletter as a virtual carrot dangling in front of people saying "if you attend school here, this is what you can become." If you see him on the street, stop him and say "thanks for making our city a better place." Thank you Ryan Horton, thank you.


Ryan Horton, more than just a researcher Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, Derek, just plain awesome. What else can I say - I'm just, well, overwhelmed. My man, you will most certainly become a member of my cabinet once I reign as Mayor of this fine neo-industrial crazytown. Now, I must go do what I do best and bake a pumpkin pie. Keep up the excellent blogging and look out world, Big D has arrived. Ryan

2/26/2005 2:49 PM  
Blogger hot babe said...

I love Milwaukee. I always have tons of fun when I visit my old college pal who lives on the East side. There's this great coffee place on the lake that we always go to- it was renovated from something else. And he's taken me to the best fish fry- Don's, and to a kick ass Mexican place near downtown. There was some really great & cut Irish pub, but I can't remember the name. And I loved the brewery tour at Lakeshore Brewery- or lakeview- something with lake in it. Sorry, I don't remember all the details because of all the beer.

3/01/2005 1:42 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

BigDubb: De Nada. I'm trying to get out and read more people's blogs and it looks like I've stumbled on a ring of friends.

Hot Babe: Glad to hear you like it! I actually live on the East Side. I assume that you're referring to the Alterra coffee place that was an old river pump station. Great place. (Just wish they had free WiFi). Lakefront Brewery is great! My condo is actually just across the river from there!

3/01/2005 1:49 PM  
Blogger hot babe said...

Yes, Alterra! And Lakefront- I have apicture of my friend & I from that day. I should post it.

Oh & I forgot about Cops (sp?) for frozen custard. Apparently when I come to visit all we do is eat and drink beer & coffee.

3/01/2005 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home