Saturday, February 19, 2005

On the move again...

Well it's Saturday night and Kirsten and I are back at Mocha's coffee shop again. Nice place.

Today we had our "Engagement Retreat." It was actually pretty good. There were various speakers talking about things like commitment, communication, conflict resolution and finances. The speakers, who were just members of the parish we were at, were really good. They told good stories which made the day go by pretty fast. Probably the best was a couple who was originally from Ecuador. They spoke about conflict and conflict resolution between a married couple. They have been married 25 years so they had many stories to share. Their big words of advice at the end of their time was "Never leave your bed...the love happens between the sheets." It was funny because they had some troubles with English since they were from Ecuador so I don't think they were implying what the rest of the room thought they were. :)

Tomorrow morning we are heading down to Crate & Barrel in Chicago for something they call "Engagement Sundays" where they block off two hours in the store so engaged couples can register for wedding gifts without fighting the crowds. We'll see how our first registering experience goes. Adios...

3 Comments:

Blogger Orchid Lover said...

Glad to hear your retreat went well! Sounds pretty cool about Crate and Barrel too! Good deal! Hope you're feeling better

2/21/2005 7:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I remember my husband and my retreat.It went o.k. except we got in a fight there.We had to do some relationship building activity where you tell each other things you love about them...my husband sat there after I just poured my heart out to him and said you have big boobs and make good scrambled eggs...yeah real funny Greg!He whispered it so no one else heard but geesh,oh well, 5 years later and we are still married so the retreat must have did it's job:) great blog by the way and congrats on your engagment.

2/25/2005 8:02 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Stacy, I had to put my head between my knees because I thought I was going to pass out from laughing at this comment. Glad the retreat brought out Greg's deepest feelings for you. :)

I'm jealous of you people who did the whole weekend. The weekend trips were all really far away and not accessible by public transportation, and we weren't going to take a taxi 10 miles from the Metro North RR station, so we just did the Saturday in-town thing. It was so cheesy. We just had to listen to some guy tell us how great his marriage was with his wife and their six kids under the age of 10. Somehow she couldn't make it to the retreat...

Congratulations Derek! Sounds like you are off to a great start.

2/27/2005 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home