Friday, July 14, 2006

Thanks!

Thank you all for the prayers and well-wishes but my little guy didn't make it. I had about 30 seconds to grieve, but then they gave me a new one so I was on my way. They say you never forget your first, but I've forgotten mine. Probably because my second looks identical to it.

So tomorrow I will be participating in my first official run! I'm trying really hard to be excited about it, but I just can't get there. It's only a 2-mile jaunt so hopefully I can make it. I ran 1.5 miles at the gym the other day so that should be a good warmup. It sounds like once you're "in the crowd" that adreneline will take you the rest of the way. Let's hope so!

The run is part of "Fish Days" up in Port Washington and it boasts that it's "The Largest One Day Outdoor Fish Fry in the World." Sounds delicious and I'm sure I'll throw down a few tasty breaded fillets after the run. Port Washington is also home to super-geek Screech from Saved By The Bell who is in the process of losing his home. Maybe we'll stop by.

Have a good weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Orchid Lover said...

How did the run go?

7/17/2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger Babsy said...

no new posts for a week, i hope you survived the run ;)

7/17/2006 9:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

excited to hear about your run...there is one I want to do tomorrow but with the heat we have been having I am not sure I want too.. we will see

7/18/2006 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home