Thursday, July 06, 2006

90 And Still Kickin'

Sorry for the lack of posts. I've been waiting to upload some pictures off my camera of the last few day's activities but I just haven't gotten around to it. I will soon though, I sort of promise.

Off to Green Bay tomorrow to spend a whole weekend with the family. I can't remember the last time I was up there for such an extended amount of time. It seems like the last dozen or so times it was for the day or just overnight but not this weekend. On tap is going out for fish with the parents, and maybe the sisters but I haven't asked them if they're going yet so I don't want to speak for them. Saturday then is the celebration of all celebrations...my Grandma's 90th birthday party. Apparently it's going to be quite the bash. According to the last count, it was 60+ people attending.

People say my Grandma is slipping, physically and mentally, but I'm not so sure. I'm still baffled by the event that happened a while back. She was apparently "slipping" at that time too. My family went to pick her up later in the afternoon on a Sunday last Fall. I don't remember where we were going, but that's not important. On the way there my Mom makes some crack about how Grandma's all confused and doesn't know what's going on anymore or something like that. Anyway, we pick her up and start to drive off. I'm kind of glancing at her waiting for a comment like "I can't believe it rained tomatoes this morning" to come out thinking she doesn't know what's going on but she looks over at me and says "Derek, how about the way Brett Favre played today. .I couldn't believe how well he played." My jaw just about hit the floor. Yea, she's really slipping. Upper 80's and still following the Pack. I hope I'm slipping like that when I'm her age.

And before you make any cracks about Favre, Grandma was right, he played great that day and the Pack won.

I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Orchid Lover said...

Haha, I remember that vividly. As soon as you said "We picked her up one day" I knew exactly what you were going to type :) Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Have a safe trip

7/06/2006 3:37 PM  
Blogger Robin Alexa said...

A grandma who loves football? Too cute. It is football right?

7/06/2006 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home