Sunday, September 17, 2006

Work, Wine and the Pack

Well week #1 is over at the new job and all indications are that I made a good choice, and not just because of the free lunch which is an excellent and delicious perk. It appears that my now team members weren't kidding when they said that they didn't have any type of expert in the area of stuff I deal with. There is a lot of questionable things in place right now that we've discussed this week that I need to get structured the right way. So all is good.

Yesterday Kirsten and I went up to Cedarburg for their 33rd annual Wine and Harvest Festival. It was the best of both worlds for us. She was able to look at endless vendors of dried flowers and wooden creations and I was able to sample delicious wine from the local Cedar Creek Winery and drink some Sprecher Oktoberfest beer which is always a Fall favorite for me. I was suprised at how many people were there and how big in general the event was. I think we'll go back next year. For all of you in the area, it's also going on today from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Enjoy!

It's Sunday morning and I'm typing this before getting ready to head up to Green Bay for the Packers/Saints game. I'm pretty nervous considering I was in attendance for last week's game, if you can call it that, and the Pack looked like a high school team. However, this week if all fails on the field, I'm sure we'll still enjoy ourselves by turning to the food and cocktails since I'm lucky enough, especially if it rains, to be up in a skybox today watching the action. Cheer on the Pack!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Interesting said...

Boo Pack!:( Hooray Beer!!

9/17/2006 8:15 PM  
Blogger Babsy said...

Lovely Cedarburg. I have such fond memories--my first kiss at the Rivoli Theatre followed by malts at the Chocolate Factory--a morning of shopping completed a perfect day with lunch at the Cream and Crepe Cafe. Lovely Cedarburg.

9/24/2006 10:18 PM  
Blogger Orchid Lover said...

As if I'm one to talk, but NEW POST, NEW POST!

9/26/2006 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home