Monday, September 11, 2006

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday everyone. I had to throw a quick post out there before I start my new job today. I hope y'all had a nice weekend. A group of us went up to Penninsula State Park for the weekend camping. We had a lot of fun, even though Hurricane Friday came through. I have some pictures that I'll post, hopefully tonight.

Yesterday I went to what some people call a football game although it only looked like one team was playing. The Pack got shut out in their home opener 26-0. Pathetic. Good time though. Hard to beat tailgating and watching Bears fans get tossed out of the stadium by police.

And finally, as everyone knows, today is the 5 year anniversary of 9/11. No need to link to any articles on it, because they are on every website you'll look at today. Take a minute, reflect and urge people to start looking forward instead of still trying to point fingers about it. You would think grownups would do that.

Off to work! Wish me luck on my first day and enjoy your Monday's everyone!

4 Comments:

Blogger Babsy said...

That is one way to describe the Packs performance yesterday. I dressed my child in Vikings PJs in protest.

Good luck at your first day of school--I mean work. I hope you chose your clothes including socks and shoes last night and had a good breakfast this morning so you would not be late for your first day ;)

9/11/2006 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Derek! Hope your first week is going well!

9/13/2006 9:02 AM  
Blogger Mr. Interesting said...

Hope you're enjoying your free lunches!!

9/14/2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger Orchid Lover said...

Hope your first week went well! I have been having internet issues at work so I haven't had time to visit as often. Hope you, Kirsten and Olive are doing well!

9/15/2006 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home