Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Workin' for the [New] Man

This week I submitted my resignation at Manpower after two years and 7 days with the company. I don't think I've ever really mentioned on this blog where I work. I know I hinted at it a little on a previous post but I don't believe I ever came out and said it. So there you have it. Another specific detail for you readers to enjoy.

Although it doesn't help a lot since I'm leaving there.

It was a tough decision and it was pretty awkward submitting a written resignation. They say it's the right thing to do, but I feel like I have a good enough rapport with my boss to do it verbally.

Anyway, I am very excited (and a little nervous) to say that I'm off to Wells Fargo Advantage Funds to move into a similar position I have now, only I'll have a little more control and input into the technical direction of the technology I work with. The company is looking to implement a lot of things and I'm looking forward to having a hand in that.

Also, the free lunch doesn't hurt. :)

Wish me luck please!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck man. The market is crazy strong for us 'technical' folk. I'm sure things will be just fine. Oh, and yes a free lunch never hurts.

8/30/2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger Orchid Lover said...

Good luck and Congratulations again!

8/30/2006 9:12 PM  
Blogger ab said...

Good luck to you, change is a good thing!

8/31/2006 11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and good luck, Derek!! :)

9/03/2006 11:58 AM  
Blogger Vinny Carpetner said...

oh man! We just got rid of you and now we're getting you back :) Congratulations and let Ken know that I'll take my referral bonus in cash. Looking forward to seeing you.

9/04/2006 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home