Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Baby Talk

It's pretty much a proven fact that everyone's had that dream where you go to school in your underwear or whatever and everyone's laughing at you right? Well if you haven't, read on anyway.

So that's supposed to be one of those just humiliating experiences. Well I've found the real-life version of the most humiliating experience possible and it goes like this.

[Begin Experience]
Backdrop: Yesterday after work. In the front yard taking Olive out to go to the bathroom. She completes "the business."
Me: Trying to be supportive so she stops dumping in the house, I bend down and talk to her in the biggest baby voice I can: "GOOD girl Olive! Potty OUTSIDE! Way to go!"
Next: I stand up to notice a guy walking up now about 2 feet away from me with a smirk on his face.
Then: I say "Hey how's it going" in the deepest voice I can.
Replies: "Fine" with his smirk turning into a full smile as he walks by.
Finally: I walk Olive back to the house with MY tail between my legs.
[End Experience]

(and I know dear Kirsten that it shouldn't matter because I don't know that person and probably will never see him again but it does matter to me!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Orchid Lover said...

Haha, yeah, I've done that. Although the person wasn't 2 ft in front of me. We've gotten into the bells on the door. We want her to ring the bells to tell us she has to go potty. So far, she's picking up pretty good. Might want to try that too, just a thought! I LOVE Olive's Dogster page! How adorable for her. I threw her a bone :) Can't wait to see her this weekend when she's at "grandma's" house!

8/22/2006 11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cutesy wootsy to see such a big tuffy with his puppy and her potties.

8/22/2006 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just pictured this situation and laughed out loud. All men are such softies when they think no one is listening or watching. I love it.

8/24/2006 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home