Monday, August 21, 2006

Untitled

Thanks to those of you who voted on the poll I had up about whether or not my lovely wife should have to leave public comments on my blog if she is to provide me feedback on my posts. As expected the answer "absolutely" dominated with a solid 11 votes to 7 thumping of "No, she's the boss." I will without a doubt pass this information on to Kirsten and hope she allows me to sleep inside the house tonight.

There's a new poll on the sidebar for you to consider. I didn't see the Packers first preseason game but I heard it was pretty terrible. I did however catch the game this past weekend and thought they played pretty well. These two vast differences caused great confusion and back peddling with the armchair quarterbacks I deal with at the office. After the first game, as expected, I was hearing about an upcoming one win season. Right. After the second game though, it jumped to 4 or in some cases 5 (or in my case, 9. So I'm a homer, sue me). Anyway, I'll throw it out there to you to express your thoughts.

Speaking of teams playing like sh*t, we went to the Brewers game yesterday to see them drop yet another game to a division opponent. What a letdown the Brewers have been. Their division has been pretty lousy and if there was ever a time for them to make the playoffs, it is this year but alas, it looks not to be (trying to use reverse psychology there). We're also going to the game tomorrow night so maybe they'll turn it around and start a streak to push their way into the playoffs...but I'm not holding my breath. Here's to a good week...

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Interesting said...

Alright Derek, tell me you weren't the one the voted for 0-3 wins!!!!!

8/22/2006 4:23 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

Not me! I haven't voted yet.

8/22/2006 7:18 AM  
Blogger stuffle said...

Packers: 8-8

Went to the Brewer's game last night (it was the freebie in our 9-pack). Nice to see Capuano have a good outing again. Turn-blow did his usual job. I wonder if Ned just brought him in so there would be a save situation for Cordero? :)

8/23/2006 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home