Monday, October 09, 2006

full weekend

Happy Monday everyone. Hope everyone had as nice of a weekend as I did. For a move away from the ordinary, I'll work backwards. Yesterday I kept my 2006 streak alive by now attending all three Packers home games and witnessing losses by the Pack in all three. This time, it was the St. Louis Rams doing us in 23-20. Every week they seem to find a new way to lose. They virtually outplayed the Rams the whole game and gave the game away through dropped passes, dropped interceptions and fumbles. Very disheartening to see the team in this state. On the brightside, the tailgate my Dad and I attended was excellent. It was held by a company my Dad does business with who haves this party once a year complete with a band, open bar and food catered by Milwaukee's own Saz's. So needless to say I fulfilled my role as a carnivore and had BBQ ribs, tenderloin and steak kabobs. Delicious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday night Kirsten and I and two friends went to The Fray concert at The Rave. It was a great concert and the crowd was REALLY into it, specifically the 10-18 year old crowd of screaming girls. The crowd was full of people of all ages though. I had forgotten how much I like that band. We've had their album for quite some time and I picked up the tickets for the concert a few months ago. The show definitely renewed my interest in them and I listened to their album, How to Save a Life, on the way to Green Bay Sunday morning (their song of the same name is currently #1 on iTunes song list.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday morning I went golfing in Sussex at the Fairways of Woodside, a very nice course just outside of Milwaukee, with my friend Emmett and a couple of his co-workers. The weather was great for early October and I was happy to get out golfing at least one more time this year. It was a great time. We played as teams of two, alternating every six holes, which is great if one person or more is golfing particularly poorly that day. In my opinion we were all at relatively the same skill level so that made it very fun, and a little competitive. How could it not be when you $.50 wagered on each hole! Good times. Sounds like that may have been the last time I'll get out in 2006 since I see the word "snow" is in our forecast for later this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home