Tuesday, August 21, 2007

pleasant friday evening...

Friday night Kirsten and I headed over to the still relatively new Bayshore (Mall) Town Center up in Whitefish Bay to walk around and catch some dinner. I really like what they've done up there with the outdoor mall concept and all. Walking around, I feel like I'm walking through a little city with all the shops and food places and greenery, fountain, etc.

I remember when the Bayshore Town Center was first announced. I worked in Menomonee Falls at the time (yes I do now as well, but that was my first stint up here) and a couple people, one in particular, would go on and on about what a terrible and stupid idea it was to build something with an outdoor concept here in Milwaukee. "It would only be used like 6 months a year!" I'm not sure where the 6 months came from. I am pretty sure that people's legs work all year round but I'm not no scientist or nothing. Anyway, like most people that enjoy ripping on our great city, this person lived way out in some little town somewhere, near Jackson I think, and only came downtown like twice a year. In other words, she was fully qualified to make judgements on things like Bayshore, expanding the freeways, parking, etc.


ANYWAY, Kirsten and I hit up a couple spots and then finally settled on eating at Bravo! Cucina Italiana. Our initial impression was not good though. Our server had this weird robot vibe going on and I'm not one for messing with robots because they're made of metal, and robots are strong.* We almost left after waiting ten minutes for Mr. Roboto to bring our sodas. I thought that was a little excessive and we discussed leaving but just then, as if sensing our thoughts using his human emotion detector, he returned with our drinks. Then the experience was all up hill. Our food was fantastic. Much better than I anticipated. I had the chicken and shrimp scampi pasta. Delicious. Kirsten had...well I don't remember what Kirsten had, but I do remember she liked it a lot. To sum up, check it out you'll love it, but beware of the robot.


* For you Todd

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

That comment about the Bayshore Center bothers me to no end!! Since when are Wisconsin-ites afraid of walking outside? We have no problems driving down to Chicago to walk the magnificent mile in the dead of winter to over-spend on our Christmas shopping...why should this be any different.

And Bravo! is AWESOME! I could live off of their bread. That dip they provide is to DIE for.

8/21/2007 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am terrified to hear that robots are now being employed by our local eateries. Ten years ago a robot broke into my grandparents home to eat their medication for fuel. My grandfather, being the brave man he was, attempted to fight the robot to protect my grandmother. He was, of course, no match for the metal one. He lost his life that day. I lost my grandfather that day, and the world lost a great man. Damm you robots! Damm you to hell!

8/21/2007 12:46 PM  
Blogger Mr. Interesting said...

Terri and I have been meaning to visit all of those Bayshore Center restaurants, so far we've only gone to the Cheesecake Factory though. At least now we know that when we go to Bravo!, we need to bring medication with us! LOL That is one of my favorite things ever from SNL!!!

8/21/2007 9:17 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I laughed at the comment about only using Bayshore 6 months of the year. The first "town center" of this kind, designed by the same guy that did Bayshore, is located in Columbus, OH. Not exactly tropical. It's ALWAYS packed, particularly around Christmas.

Real shoppers will enjoy their shopping regardless of the weather. Look at outlet malls, for goodness sake.

10/08/2007 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home