Tuesday, July 24, 2007

fish day & warf

I did it! I finished the 8K at the Port Washington Fish Day event in a slow, but steady, 55 minutes. I think I figured out that this is the longest run I am interested in. I felt pretty good throughout the whole thing but the problem was I was sooo bored near the end. I just wanted it to be over. To me, that's what I'd like to think of as a warning sign, a red flag if you will. So I think that's it. The Fish Day 8K and maybe the 8K Shamrock Shuffle in Chicago and that will be my "marathon" of sorts. Anything more I just ain't that interested in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I'm out in San Francisco currently on a last-minute (read: trouble's brewing so time to get the project back on track) work trip. I wasn't very excited to come out here again since I was just out here in May and already have my September and November trips booked. This is a little much.

However, I am having a pretty good time. I've been getting out and checking out some places and things that I haven't in my previous trips here, like Chinatown. One decent story so far took place on Sunday night after I got here. I went and (of course) dialed up some sushi at Hana Zen, a multiple visit place with each trip to SF, and then went to First Crush. First Crush is a restaurant/wine bar that I also go to each time I come out here. Sunday I was there just for a glass of wine (or three) to hang out. The place was pretty quiet as you would expect on a Sunday night. A young couple came in though and sat at the table right behind me. When they were getting seated, the dude handed something to the hostess. I assumed that he was slipping her some cash, but that didn't make sense since seats were so easy to come by this night.

Well the hostess brought the object, an engagement ring, to the bar and said "we need to do something with this...get creative guys." So after some deliberation, a cosmo martini was concocted and on the straw sticking through a lime wedge went the ring.

Back to the table the hostess/server went and dropped off the drinks and in two seconds we got the "Oh my God!" yell to which we all clapped and laughed a little. I wish a simple proposal followed but the guy pulled out a large sheet of paper and read this "story" about love and blah blah blah..."where you are is where I want to be"...blah blah blah. Man just get it out will ya!

Anyway, congratulations and good luck to the nice young couple. May you live long and happy lives together and for the guy, try to shorten up your speeches because if you want any say in the marriage, you better be able to talk fast. :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Awww that's cute. Although I must admit I am not one for the public engagement stories. I think if you're going to decide to spend the rest of your life with someone, it should be a very intimate private moment between the two of you.

You can party and celebrate with the world later =)

7/25/2007 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Congrats on the run! Good work! I don't think I could have done it, the 5K was perfect for me :)

Yeah the guy better get to the point in the future... doesn't he know she wasn't *actually* listening anyway? Too many thoughts run through the head at that time. Anyway, congrats to them and to you, have a safe trip home! I suppose you are sick of Calif. and want to cancel our Sept trip?!

7/25/2007 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home