Thursday, July 12, 2007

nice day for a run

Happy Thursday everyone. It looks like we Milwaukeeans have pushed through the hot and muggy streak and entered a nice, clear and mild day. Perfect day for a run. In fact...

Tonight is the annual Bastille Days 5K run that Kirsten and I will be participating in. Not only us but thousands of others including special guests, my sister Gina and her husband Chris making the trek down from Green Bay for the event. As much as I despise running, I'm looking forward to this one. It doesn't start until 9:00 PM making it a nice nighttime run through the city streets. Should be pretty cool. PLUS, we'll be at the festival for a little while prior meaning I can hydrate and prepare myself with a couple tasty Millers.

For a little added running motivation, which is a nice way of saying there is a new toy out that I want, I picked up a new iPod Nano (8GB) and along with it, the Nike+ chip. It just came the other day so I haven't gotten to use it much yet, but I'm looking forward to giving it a good test run (pun intended) tonight. Any excuse to buy a new gadget.

So there you have it. Make your way down to Bastille Days tonight and say hello. And if you see me passed out a mile and half into the race, please don't step on me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well we're pretty much moved into the new place which is sweet. More on this later when I can get pictures posted which means I have to write these posts at home instead of here at work, I mean, the coffee shop. Cable service shall be turned on on Monday. I still hate you Time Warner.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was the 5K run? I was thinking about doing it next year, which means I'd have to practice since I hardly run anymore. Where do you find the time and motivation? I obviously suck. :)

8/07/2007 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home