Thursday, April 19, 2007

a glimpse into the future?

So yesterday I get an email from my man Ryan Horton asking if I would like to use his pair of season tickets to last night's Brewers game since he'll be there with another friend sitting in his seats. Of course (after checking with the wife to see if she'd like to go) I say absolutely since they are saweet seats with the ever popular Gold parking pass. A necessity yesterday due to the rainy weather conditions. Great, meet at his place at 6:15 and ride together to take full advantage of the parking pass.

Fast forward to 5:15 when I get home from work. I walk in the door of the condo and am immediately hit in the face with the stench of sh*t. Oh Olive, what did you do?! I won't go into details but her kennel ended up soaking in the bath tub. So obviously either Kirsten or I would have had to stay home with her and not go to the game. I called Ryan and we tried to get a taker for the other ticket but alas it was not meant to be. I had to settle for watching the game on TV instead of the sweet seventh row seats. (the Crew won 7-3).

I couldn't help but wonder though...is this a glimpse into the future of what it will be like if/when we have a child? Will I not be able to do the fun things I like to do like attend Brewers games and drink mass quantities of High Life??? Honey, I think we need to talk. :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Crew won 7-5 actually.
And,you better figure out the IF/WHEN part of the having kids sooner rather thn later, because you have no idea how many fun things you'll be giving up if you do. If giving doesn't feel better than receiving to you, you'd better stop at one dog.

4/20/2007 8:53 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

Thanks for the comment...

The Crew won 7-5 on Thursday. The game I was referring to was Wednesday night's game which they won 7-3.

With all our friends having children, I think Kirsten and I are pretty well prepared, lifestyle changes wise, with having a child. I just like throwing out some comments like that once and a while to get her riled up. :)

Thanks again for the comment and stop back again.

4/20/2007 9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you'll be attending fewer Brewers games.

The good news is, you will find out how much fun kids' sports really are.

Little League isn't good for much until the kids are about eleven or twelve ands have really learned how to play baseball. Even six-year-olds, OTOH, can and do play soccer well.

Now that our kids have grown out of AYSO range, Mrs. Nice Guy and I still miss having an excuse to put our folding chairs in the car, put on our soccer-watching hats and stop at a kiosk along the way to buy a 20-ounce mocha. We're thinking about adopting a team.

4/21/2007 4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home