Saturday, February 17, 2007

recap

I've been in one of those blogging funks lately where nothing that comes into my head or happens to me "feels" like one of those things to write about. While I generally don't write about things that interesting, they at least get me to sit down for 5-10 minutes and type something. So with that being said, here's a recap of some things that happened or random thoughts I had last week but was too uninspired (read: lazy) to sit down and type out...

  • Kirsten's on her way back from Minnesota as I type where she went to spend some time with her Mom who had back surgery on Thursday. The surgery went well but the thing I wanted to touch on was that she took the Amtrak train (since we're fashionable East Siders with only one vehicle) which for $99 roundtrip is a nice deal in my opinion since we usually spend that much in gas. If anyone else has any other travel tips let me know. Seems to make some sense sometimes to use things other than a car.

  • On Tuesday night we celebrated Valentine's Day (because Wednesday I had UWM tickets so we know what would have taken precendece that night) so we went to a new restaurant (to us) that I have heard many good things about, Tess. It was incredible. Everything about it. The small, cozy, romantic atmosphere, the service and especially the food. We had a great time and racked up quite a bill for two people but that's what happens I guess when you each have three glasses of wine!

  • After arriving home from said dinner Kirsten walked in to a surprise on the table. I had picked up some flowers for her from her favorite local florist, The Shorewood Florist, and dropped them off at home before picking her up and going to dinner. She was very surprised and happy. Happy Kirsten = Derek not in trouble for anything.

  • Random thought...one thing I'd forever like to do is meet an actor that was in a blockbuster movie and had a very small role in some other movie. For example, I would love to meet Billy Zane who was obviously in the blockbuster Titanic and say "Man, Billy, I loved you in Back to the Future." That's right, look it up.
More to come. Since I'm home alone at the moment, Olive isn't liking all this time I'm focusing on something other than her. Until next time...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home