Thursday, June 28, 2007

So long home, screw you Time Warner

Well this is it. The final post from the first home (condo) I ever purchased. Definitely excited about moving to the new one but like other things, you never forget your first.

So tonight the truck gets packed up and tomorrow the movers come and unload it all. A few hours later I should be up and running ready to fire off blog entry #1 from the new pad. If only I had internet service ready to go. Ok, so the Fourth of July holiday is coming up. I guess I can go until the week after that before having internet access. If only I had internet service ready to go then. Nope, not until July 16 and to that I say "screw you Time Warner."

What a fiasco. It started with the dude that is buying my place. He wanted to set up a transfer service but apparently I had to call TW to give them the "ok" to go ahead and schedule it. Fine. Even though that guy was a tool while we negotiated price on the condo, I'll take care of that. So I call up, give TW the ok and think while we're at it, I'll have them schedule my new place. Nope, can't do that because people still live there. Soooo can I have them call and say it's ok? Nope. How is that different than what I'm doing right now?? Back and forth going no where I say forget it. I'll call back.

Last week I call up and they say "no problem" we'll schedule you in. How about July 6? Fine, I can go without internet for a few days. Case closed. The next day I get a frantic call from our realtor. "I'm so sorry to bother you, but Time Warner has shut off the service to your new place and now the people there don't have a phone!" Apparently TW can't turn it back on because due to my July 6 appointment, I'm the "owner" of that address now.

Back on the phone I go. "Please turn their service back on [you freaking idiots]."

"No problem sir, but to do that we need to cancel your reservation on July 6 and you'll have to call back to reschedule." WTF? How does their screw up lose my place in line?! Bastards. Long story short[er] my new appointment is for July 16. Ridiculous.

I hate you Time Warner.

(I'm just kidding. Please don't turn off my service because I said that)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Farrah said...

Now I know why I still use dreaded dial up! Actually, there isn't a cable hook-up in my office (but there is in my laundry room?), so I can't get Road Runner anyway.

High speed internet access -- that's what my computer at work is for! Right?

6/28/2007 2:45 PM  
Blogger Danny from Milwaukee said...

I was all set to never deal with Time Warner again when I heard I could get this AT&T internet and cable now. I canceled Time Warner and called AT&T and they were even worse! I swear to god. I spent like 3 hours on the phone just so they could tell me that the serice wasn't available in my "area" yet. Nevermind that my next door neighbor has it. So I had to go crawling back to Time Warner.

6/29/2007 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain... I have had both Time Warner (last house) and AT&T (this house). Surprisingly, I've had better luck with Time Warner but I truly hate them both. I think it's a requirement when they are hired to be idiots with undeserved power over us.

7/02/2007 8:00 AM  
Blogger Christi said...

I concur!!!

I never thought my frustrations could get worse than when I had to deal with AT&T while living in Chicago but I was quickly proven wrong when I moved back to Milwaukee and had to deal with Time Warner Cable. Getting those guys out to my apartment was RIDICULOUS (It took them a month to come out) and then they got in a fight with my landlord and just left all pissed off. Oh yeah, they charged me for the cable install that they never finished.

WHAT?! ARRRRGGGHHH.

7/02/2007 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello everyone,

Fuck time warner cable. I just bought 2 web-sites about time warner, because of all the hype on the web. it will be free for all. I bought
screwtimewarner.com and screwtimewarnercable.com

It will have forums and everything you need to get the word out all over the web about time warner cable. its time to stop the monopoly and take back our freedom.

What I hate the most is that they will remove channels that you have been paying on from the beginning, but will not reduce your bill and not even tell you that they removed these channels. Now we cant even get the NFL network, because they hate time warner and think they are scam artist.

When you call time warner, your on hold for fucking 1 hour and then they don’t even speak any fucking english. (( I’m not racist in any matter )), but if you live in America, you better learn how to speak some fucking English, don’t come here and not learn our language. Also, I shouldn’t have to go to my own banks ATM and choose a language, get the fuck out of here with that crap, ( this is fucking America ) Now on DVD you have a setup for other language, this is getting out of hand. Just had to vent some.

Take Care,
screwtimewarnercable.com
screwtimewarner.com

8/17/2008 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home