Friday, June 01, 2007

birthday, dining, moving

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sister Gina today! Hope you have a good day and we'll see you in a few hours with Olive in toe. She is very excited to come up and see you and wish you a happy birthday herself and maybe even leave a "present" for you on your floor. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday marked the beginning of Milwaukee Downtown Dining Week which goes through Thursday, June 7. Every year, ok last year and now this year, roughly 30 restaurants or so provide a special three course meal menu for lunch and dinner for $10 and $20 respectively for everyone to enjoy. Since we're always looking for an excuse to eat out, Kirsten and I headed over to Rock Bottom to see what they had to offer.

Rock Bottom is a place that has come back on my radar as a tasty place to eat. I had gone there a few times a handful of years ago but was never impressed with anything about it. Their beer was watery, their food was average, and the service was terrible. They must have received some complaints because Kirsten and I have been there a bunch of times over the past few months and it's been really good. The food has been great, they have been brewing some beers other than their standards (a new dark lager was tapped yesterday that I liked) which have been good and with one exception the food has been great.

For appetizers we both got the Spicy Spinach Cheese Dip which was great. It was so tasty that I'm going to have to find the recipe and just make it to put on burgers and stuff. For the entrees, Kirsten ordered the Lemon Chicken and I got the grilled Mahi Mahi. Both were very good and came with White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes. Yum. By this point I had moved on to the Scottish Ale beer which was tasty. Finally for desert, I ordered the raspberry brownie and Kirsten got the Stout Creme Brulee. I really liked mine but Kirsten didn't care for hers. It wasn't what either of us had expected so a word of caution there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the moving front, yesterday we set our close time and I lined up the movers. I'm very excited about this. I HATE moving with an absolute passion. I don't mind helping people move some things but when it comes to a full move, forget it. That's why there's professionals. They can A) do it in half the time B) they're insured and C) know all the tricks to defy the laws of physics to get couches through doorways. I'm thinking they'll be worth every penny. Busy times between now and the end of the month.

Have a good weekend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Birthday Wishes! I'm also very much looking forward to your visit. I'll have to behave myself since we're going out in around 1:00 :) If you can, think of a place you may want to try out for drinks later! Thanks again for the recognition and have a safe drive

6/01/2007 11:33 AM  
Blogger Christi said...

Good luck with the move. Thanks for the reminder about dining week. I will definitley have to check it out!

6/04/2007 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home