Monday, July 16, 2007

keep on running

Those 5K's ain't nothin'

Thursday night I totally stormed the Bastille with relative ease. I'm really getting into this running thing now especially with my new Nike+ thingy. Next up, an 8K (!) this weekend for the Port Washington Fish Day. This one, I'm not so sure about. Though I may be able to conquer the 5K, an 8 may be a bit much for these old bones to handle.

We attended this race last year and I ran in the 2-mile fun run (read: fat, unmotivated person run) while Kirsten and our friends Emmett & Julie ran the 8K. I do recall even having to walk a couple times. Pretty funny. I guess it's a good feeling knowing I can knock out a 5K pretty easily when last year I couldn't even run the 2-mile one. One item of note though is the punks up in Port Washington have 2 huge hills at the beginning of the run which could have caused my issues. Anyway, wish me luck for this weekend. My Nike chip and I will need it!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck! You'll do fine with your "workout" music mix and chip. Make sure you have that chip settled correctly this time so you can get the most accurate results :)

7/17/2007 7:56 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

I wish I had your confidence!

I picked up the "shoe pouch" so now my sensor is always on my shoe rather than in it and it seems to be very accurate.

7/17/2007 9:11 AM  
Blogger Christi said...

I love reading all these posts from various blogs about people getting out there and running!!! It makes me really happy.

Good luck with the 8K!!!

7/18/2007 9:01 AM  
Blogger Ryan Horton said...

Need new condo pictures!

7/18/2007 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home