Tuesday, August 21, 2007

... and rest of the weekend

Saturday Kirsten and I took part in the Irish Fest 5K Run/Walk for the Arthritis Foundation. The rain that has been going on the past 4 days here in Milwaukee hadn't hit yet so the run was quite pleasant. Not too hot, not too cool. When the sounding gun went off, I broke out into an unusually fast (for me) pace and knocked out the first mile in record time (again, for me).

I paid the price though as I had to walk a few steps during mile three but I still finished in 29:20 which is by far the best I've done so far. Kirsten on the other hand, was quick to show me up though winning her age division with a time of just over 21 minutes I believe so she got a cool medal. I was totally jealous. The winning dude finished in 15+ minutes which is just crazy.

After that we went home quick to shower and change and then hopefully go back to Irish Fest to get in with our wristbands that we received for taking part in the run. But alas, it was seemed that it was not to be as the rain had begun and picked up pretty quickly. We instead went to the Riverfront Pizzeria for some lunch to maybe wait out the rain. We finished up lunch but the rain was coming down even harder so that officially put an end to Irish Fest for us.

Sunday morning the rain was still going on so there wasn't any chance for a nice outdoor brunch after church so we decided to head over to Chez Jacques down on First Street. Kirsten had been to the previous location and I hadn't been to either. We were greeted by the man himself as we entered the restaurant. He was sitting at the bar, white moustache and all. I'm still trying to figure out if his "good morning" was authentic or sarcastic, but for the purpose of this, let's call it authentic.

The place is really cozy and nice and the food is just ridiculous. I had the Ham & Cheese Omelette which was just delicious. It was packed with sliced ham and fresh cheese. It also came with potatoes that were fried up with onions. I've had my fair share of omelette's in my life, but this one goes right to the top of the list. If you find yourself looking for a nice breakfast spot, go there. You will not be disappointed.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats again on the run! And what a shock that you went to a pizzeria for lunch :) way to go Kirsten!

8/23/2007 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home