Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Back to Work

Well the Memorial Day weekend went well. The flight on Northworst up to Minneapolis went great, probably because we didn't check any luggage. I just wanted to write a quick post to show how the competition flows at the in-laws house and how it can fog the brain when it gets too intense when it comes to board games.

We were playing Scattergories, last round and Derek up by 2, and the letter "T" was rolled...the category was "Animals" which led to this exchange between my wife and me (and family):

Her: "Tiger"
Family: "Oh, good one. Derek?"
Me: "Toad"
Her (.5 seconds after my answer): "Toad is not an animal! It's a reptile!"
Family: Staring at her thinking she'll have one of those Joey Tribiani moments where he runs 5 seconds behind everyone else who already figured out Ross was the father of Rachel's baby.
Her: "What? It's not! You can't have points for that! It's a reptile or amphibian or something but it's not an animal!"
Family: "One point for Derek. Moving on..."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The longer you are married, the quicker you'll think on your feet.
What you needed to say right after your wife nixed your "toad" word was to say. "Honey, you're right, what I was meant to say was that I wish me and my TOAD-ally beautiful wife could be together for 100+ years, just like a couple of TORTOISES" She'd never mention a "tortoise" was a reptile and not an animal after a loving comment like that.

5/30/2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger Orchid Lover said...

{on the floor laughing}

I can't even comment today. My eyes are watering too much to see. How hilarious! Nice Friends mention by the way :)

5/30/2006 12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Scattergories! I would have given you toad.

My favorite answer ever was my friend Mark a few months ago ... the letter E was rolled and the list called for "a state" - he put down "euphoria."

Impressive hey?

6/01/2006 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home