Monday, May 15, 2006

Drying Out

Whew. The last five days have been a whirlwind of fun, drinking, friends, drinking, family and more drinking. While I could probably break it down into multiple posts, I think I'll just do a quick recap:

Wednesday: My friend Ryan's 32nd birthday. A group headed over to Koz's Mini Bowl. It was my first time there (another one for the list!) and we had a blast. Pitchers of Pabst flowed like the Milwaukee River, with less chunks of course. The guest of honor even bowled a 300 game and was able to write his name up on the wall.

Thursday: My sister Gina's wedding rehearsal. The rehearsal aspect went fine except for some of the interesting comments from the priest...most notably the one about his long sex (with a woman luckily) dry spell. Creepy, but falls in line with his personality. Certainly made for an interesting and exciting night. The reheasal dinner itself was good and the vodka tonics were the drinks of choice for me.

Friday: Gina's wedding. Wonderful ceremony and happiness all around. Surprisingly, my Dad kept it under control for the most part. Going in I would say there was a 50/50 chance of him breaking down to full-blown blubbering like I do every time I watch Love Actually.. don't ask. The reception was great too and my little sister Jessica gave a heartfelt speech, after downing a bottle of champage. (I know, Jess, it was the nerves). The rest of the night was pretty standard for our family weddings. Certain relatives drinking way too much, others acting too good to talk to people but the majority of the people just having a great time.

Saturday: My friend Ken got married here in Milwaukee. The reception was at the PAC. It was very well done and a lot of fun. Kirsten and I spent much of the time with my friend and frequent lurker on this site, Amy, who was in town from Dallas.

Sunday: We kept holy the Sabbath by not doing much of anything. That too was great because man was I tired. I hope everyone had a good weekend also.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that sounds like quite a weekend!! Too bad they had such crappy weather but congrats to all of them!

Hey, you got a new banner! I like it!

5/16/2006 1:47 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Thanks Erin! I had the banner alternating between some other images as well, but I thought I'd just stick with the picture I actually took.

5/16/2006 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home