Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Best Job In America?

So MONEY magazine and Salary.com released their "Best Jobs in America" study and I was surprised to see that I have the #1 job in America! Woohoo! What does that get me???....nothing but I currently have I guess.

Why is it #1?

Why it's great: Software engineers are needed in virtually every part of the economy, making this one of the fastest-growing job titles in the U.S. Even so, it's not for everybody.

Designing, developing and testing computer programs requires some pretty advanced math skills and creative problem-solving ability. If you've got them, though, you can work and live where you want: Telecommuting is quickly becoming widespread.


Tell that to some of the Business people I work with. They think we're a nuisance! Personally, I still think being a Professional golfer is #1.

2 Comments:

Blogger Orchid Lover said...

Yeah I saw that! I could never have your job or many desk items would be broken every day in frustration. I was surprised to see IT Analyst make the Top 10 with an average salary starting over $60K... damn I need to get out of the non-profit school employer...

4/13/2006 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Derek, does your better half read your blog?

Go to Broadway Paper on Saturday!! It's tax-free day!!!! =)


And congrats on having the #1 job by the way. Lucky guy.

4/13/2006 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home