Monday, April 03, 2006

Slacking

Sorry for the slacking lately. I've been both extremely busy with work which directly corresponds to the lack of exciting things happening in my life...hence no blog posts for a while.

This weekend we went to Chicago. Kirsten and a couple friends ran in the Shamrock Shuffle, an 8K race. I provided support from the sidelines. Even though I'm up to a new personal best of 2 miles at the gym, I'm just not ready to humiliate myself in a race. Although runners are a weird group. I saw some pretty interesting "costumes" for lack of a better word, so I probably wouldn't have looked that dumb. The race was pretty neat taking place in downtown Chicago. It was a little chilly though but luckily the rain held off until after the race.

After that, we stopped at a one year old's birthday party. Kirsten's friend Jackie's little one Kiley turned one. The party was quite the affair. Something like 80 people were invited and it was held at a firehouse in the town they live in. The party was fully equipped with food, a magician (who was actually pretty good) and a keg of beer. Everything one needs to celebrate a one year old's life so far.

Happy Monday everyone...it's raining here which makes me feel a little bit better about missing Brewers Opening Day but I'll be sending some positive vibes their way...Go Brew Crew!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Interesting said...

20-30 mph wind gusts made tailgating pretty unbearable but, at least it wasn't raining when we got there!! Despite the chill and the wind it was a great time, and a great game!!!

4/03/2006 6:13 PM  
Blogger Robin Alexa said...

Well happy Monday to you too.

4/03/2006 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home