Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ironman here I come

So yet another transformation has come as a result of this union with my wife nearly 4 months ago. I now go to Bally's and work out. To those of you that know me, this may come as a shock. I feel bad that I keep presenting these disturbing jolts of news to my friends. When I ran into My Cousin, er, Friend Vinny last week told me how he couldn't believe that I now actually READ for fun! Most people like him were surprised that I can actually read.

Anyway, so here we go again. I work out. I run. The other day I ran a mile, without stopping, for the first time since High School. Granted it took a hair under 11 minutes, but I did it. Like I said when I posted my 2005 Reading Material, this may not seem like much to some of you but it's huge for me because the closest thing I do to exercising is curling bottles of High Life.

My wife is a runner. Loves to run. Why, I don't know. There are many things that just puzzle me about her. Another is how she eats pizza four times a week, but that's another post. I, on the other hand, do NOT enjoy running but it's worth it because otherwise she's on my case. Plus she's a nurse and knows my cholesteral is high so that's a double whammy on the nag...I mean...lovingly suggesting factor. So we'll see where this running takes me...

5 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Interesting said...

Running huh? Yeah, I've run before, I'm not crazy about it but, it sure as heck beats walking!! So, Al's Run in September, run a little, walk a little, and then hoist some Miller products at Summerfest after the run?

2/23/2006 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pizza four times a week? How does she stay so thin?

Mmmmmmm ... I wish I could eat pizza four times a week.

I'll be waiting to read that post! :)

2/23/2006 4:05 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Good thinking D. If I were to take part in Al's I would definitely need some Millers after!

Erin,
Yes..average 4 times a week. Sometimes less, but sometimes MORE!

2/23/2006 6:34 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Sounds great, I would love to run, but I hate it! Pizza 4 times a week sounds good though :)

2/23/2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger Orchid Lover said...

Good luck! I've only been able to get off my ass and onto the treadmill 1-2 times a week lately. Horrible, so I'll live out my running dream through you. haha, that gets me out of it. Nice post. I don't know how Kirsten stays so thin either with all that pizza! Good for her! See ya this weekend

2/24/2006 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home