Monday, February 27, 2006

Weekend Recap

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Here's a recap of mine.

FRIDAY: Disappointed. I wasn't feeling very well Friday afternoon/evening. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the dozen or so people in my office that were sick this past week. Anyway, I was disappointed because I had to back out on going out to a bar with some friends for some cold beer and hot rock 'n roll. On of the great bands of our time, Stray Voltage, was playing at Calhoun Station (which could have been another bar to add to the list). Stray Voltage is a fun band to go see. Play a lot of classic rock and are just generally a good time. Check out their website if you have a chance. Also, for you Milwaukeeans, they will be at Yesteryears in West Allis on April 7 which I plan on going to. See you there!

SATURDAY: Not too exciting. Work around the house. Saturday night though, Kirsten and I went to a new restaurant (for us, not new in general) called Ann's Italian Restaurant in Hales Corners. Very neat place. We went for, what else, pizza, and was very impressed. I'll rank it at a solid 2 on my top 3 list of pizza places. The coolest part about the place though was while we were waiting (we didn't make reservations) someone (the owner perhaps?) came by and asked if we wanted something to drink. It was pretty sweet and unexpected. Giving out beer, wine, soda whatever while you waited for the table. I had never seen that before. I'd highly recommend checking out the place.

SUNDAY: Kirsten and I made the trip to Green Bay for a baby shower for my cousin Scott and his wife Jessica. Jess was very recently given doctor's orders to not travel so Scott had to man up and host the event. I, feeling sorry for him and wanting to hang out with him, went as both moral and male support. I couldn't let him handle sitting in a room full of women relatives by himself, even if presents were involved. Sunday night we had dinner at my parent's house before coming back which was nice. Made it back by 9:00 so I could catch the rerun of my favorite show, The Shield, since I missed it last week. All in all a good weekend....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You missed what might have been the best Stray Voltage show of all time. The beer was frosty, and the rock was hotter than ever. By far the best I've heard them sound. If they keep this up, Stray Voltage might make my "Top 5 Rock Bands of All Time"

2/28/2006 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home