Thursday, May 25, 2006

It's Only Thursday?

I need this week to end. For some reason, this is the "Groundhog Day" of weeks for me. Wow, I can't believe that movie was made 13 years ago. I certainly need a refresher on that movie. Anyway, it feels like it just keeps repeating itself and each day only gets slightly incrementally better. Work is work, but the disagreements/arguments I've had to diffuse seems to be at an abnormally high number. I did have a promising "conversation" with another local company scheduled yesterday but I had to reschedule for next week. I'm pretty excited about it. Here's a hint...if it all works out, then the title of my blog is where I would be!

This weekend we're heading back to Viking country to visit Kirsten's family. Normally I would complain but instead of the long-ass-6-hour drive, we're catching a jetplane bright and early Saturday morning. It works well for both of us. Kirsten gets to spend more time visiting and I don't have to go crazy in a car for 12 hours while wondering over and over again whether I would really get hurt jumping out of the car moving 70 miles per hour. Of course, the downside is we're flying Northworst which will probably be delayed and land us somewhere in Nebraska. Oh, and if anyone is getting any bright ideas about robbing our place, beware of the neighbor dog Rocky, who will be keeping an eye on the place. And I literally mean "an" eye since they seem to look out in opposite directions of her face.

5 Comments:

Blogger Orchid Lover said...

Haha, your post made me laugh outloud, the part about Rocky. I don't think she could run she's so porky!

Good luck on the "conversation"! Keep me posted on it!

5/25/2006 10:00 AM  
Blogger Babsy said...

flying into the cities or st cloud? we'll be sure to wave as your plane passes overhead and andrew will yell ELLO, ELLO! and grow frustrated when the plane doesn't say Hello back.

5/25/2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

We're flying into the cities...I wasn't even aware flying to St. Cloud was an option! :)

5/25/2006 12:52 PM  
Blogger Babsy said...

i suppose a direct commercial flight from mke to st cloud isn't an option--you could take a private plane perhaps? i can't believe 6 hours is a long drive to you--wait until there are little dereks in the car--6 hours will seem like an eternity!

so i take it that a move to austin is no longer a viable option?

5/26/2006 8:23 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

The option is there if the situation is right i.e. it's a good job and the money is right. :)

5/26/2006 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home