Thursday, May 18, 2006

New Header Image, Coffee, Tea

Some of you have commented and/or emailed me about my new blog header image. Thanks for the kind words. I'm very excited about it also. I originally (for about 15 minutes) had 4 different header images that would alternate randomly each time someone visited the site.

I quickly decided though to change that and stick with this one image for two reasons. 1) I liked it the best out of the four and B) It's the only picture out of the four that I acutally took. For those who don't know, the pic is from last year and it is of the sculpture that is at the East end of Brady Street, which has been at the center of my neighborhood for the past 3 places I've lived.

Speaking of Brady Street, Kirsten and I went for a quick walk last night in between thunderstorms and stopped in at Anodyne Coffee Roasters.





It was my first time there and Anodyne is a great little spot. I can't believe it's taken me so many years of living in the neighborhood to finally go there. We both had one of their teas ($2 each) and were both great. Highly recommend you trying it out.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that sculpture by the looks like an oversized hood orniment...

anyways. Brewed Awakening, which is what the coffee/tea house is actually called (they roast annodyne coffee) is a nice spot, and sometimes with interesting patrons. I was just there this past week too. went there by myself and had a hot coco while I enjoyed a new book. It is not a chain, so you are supporting a local small business 100%. Not a dime goes to a big corporate monster like Starbucks.

5/18/2006 4:00 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Thanks for the comment...apparently I have to mis-name something in order for you, "Anonymous" to post one. See you Sunday?

5/18/2006 4:07 PM  
Blogger Orchid Lover said...

LOVE your header picture! Nice work on that! I wish I could do something like that on mine. I really can't see you drinking tea but glad you found another nice place to relax

5/19/2006 10:13 AM  
Blogger ab said...

The coffee/tea place looks cute. Love the header, I think I have a necklace similar to that design.

5/19/2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

It looks great!

5/22/2006 2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make more blogger header graphics on HeaderBar.com :)

11/16/2006 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home