Friday, November 30, 2007

place shout: milwaukee

Being a pretty big techno-geek (for now anyway, but that's a whole separate post), I spend a lot of time on the internet researching programming languages and new technologies. Occasionally my research brings me to some cool, new websites. This time I was researching a language called Ruby on Rails and came across a semi-recently released site built on Rails called Placeshout.

In a nutshell,
"Placeshout isn't about volume - it's about trying to express the positives and negatives of a destination in as few of words as possible. If people agree, that "shoutout" moves up...if they don't, the shoutout moves down and begins to disappear."
So I went to check it out to see Rails on display. It's a cool site however Milwaukee was missing (not yet added by someone) from the list of cities so I added it and put in a quick "shout" for The Lodge. It was just the first thing to come to me and I just wanted to get Milwaukee on the map so to speak. So check out Placeshout and add some shouts for Milwaukee to let the rest of the world know what a cool destination this is.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Derek,

Glad you are enjoying PlaceShout! The mid-west is really representin' - Ann Arbor, MI has the most shoutouts of any city.

Good name btw :)

Derek of PlaceShout.com

11/30/2007 9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PlaceShout seems to be a pretty cool site and would be nice to get recommendations from people on where to go. Although I could just ask you, since you seem to have "shouted" the most about places :) And what's this "for now" stuff?? I'll have to have a chat with you on what that means! And Chris too since he's touring IT schools right now!

12/03/2007 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home