Saturday, April 23, 2005

Round 2

Well I've recovered from the Aaron Rodgers selection by the Pack and I'm actually feeling much better about it. I suppose you just can't let a guy like that go by when he was projected to go #1 in the draft and your team is going to have to address the QB situation soon. Also, there really wasn't a stud defensive guy out there at the time.

The Pack at #51 is on the clock for the first of their Round 2 picks. I would guess that they would HAVE to go on the defensive side of the ball this time after passing on it in Round 1. No pick, other than an offensive one, would suprise me here since they need help in all areas of defense. If I had to wager, I would go D-Line but I really would like it if they pick up Justin Miller CB/Clemson. Dan Cody (DE/Ok.) is still available as well.

And the Packers select....you know, I think ESPN makes the commissioner wait to say the picks just so Chris Berman can talk more and fumble around even more with the English language....ok, finally the pick....Nick Collins CB/Bethune-Cookman. Whew, can't say that I'm that familar with this guy. I'll compare this one to Nick Barnett the other year. Good player, but wasn't exactly supposed to be selected this early. Barnett seems to be working out so far so hopfully Nick Collins will do the same.

One more post: the Pack at #58

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home