Thursday, July 17, 2008

not about brett favre

Last week I once again stormed the Bastille running in the nighttime 5K race through the streets of downtown Milwaukee. It is really a great run and a great time. I ran it with a my friend and coworker Bob. The weather was really nice. We really lucked out since for a couple hours leading up the run, the skies had opened up and we had some pretty nasty storms moving through the area. One might say they could be classified as "squalls," my new favorite meteorological term.

Anyway, by the time the race was to be run, the weather was great; hot but nice. I have been trying to run more this summer in an effort to get healthier and hopefully lose a couple pounds and it seemed to pay off as I posted my best time for a 5K. I don't want to post the time here lest I make you all jealous.

This year I didn't run the Bastille Days run with Kirsten because as some of you know, she has been confined to the condo, and more specifically the couch, for the past couple weeks. It's been an exciting time, not in a good way, in the pregnancy progression including a couple emergency visits to the Labor & Delivery floor at the hospital due to some very early contractions. We hope that they under control now, but unfortunately for her she needs to stay home, off work, and rest which I assure you is a very tough thing to do all...summer...long.

Maybe you could drop her a comment (she reads this) and wish her well..thanks!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work on the run! Sorry we missed it this year. Hopefully next year we'll be able to run it with you.

Kirsten, hope you're enjoying Six Feet Under :) I thought it was a great series!

7/18/2008 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're confined to the couch, Kirsten! That's a bummer. But it'll be worth it when that baby gets here!

(When are you guys due? Do you know the sex? It's so exciting!!)

Oh, and congrats on that best 5K time ever, Derek!

7/18/2008 8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys--Thanks for the comments!
Yep, I am hooked on Six Feet Under--thanks Nikki if you are reading this! :)
The baby is due on October 14th and it's a girl!! Derek and I are super excited.
Thanks for the post Derek and I am still super happy for you and your PR at Storm the Bastille! Way to go.

7/19/2008 11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad I could help with Six Feet! I am always happy to provide new addictions for people. ;) Just let me know when you are ready for Season 2 and I will bring it by!

Hope you are both doing well.

7/21/2008 6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Derek-

Thanks for stopping by my new site. :)

Man, I've wanted to partake in the Storming of the Bastille for the last couple of years, but still haven't.

I've been running a lot more this summer in hopes of conditioning myself for such runs next summer.

Maybe I'll see both you and Kristen there next time. I hope all is well.

7/23/2008 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home