Tuesday, April 08, 2008

spring has sprung

I'm declaring it.

After a brutal, brutal winter Spring is here after a great weekend weather-wise and Brewers victory-wise. (As I write this though, the Crew is in the tenth inning as Gagne has blown another save. Nice work $10 million man! Jeez.

ANYWAY, if you happened to read the comments on the last post my buddy Derek J. let the cat out of the bag to you, the reading public, that I have been "working" on becoming a father. Well unlike most things I work on, this project has thus far been a success. Kirsten and I are 13 weeks along and very excited after spending a little over a year honing our baby-making skills. We have doctor appointment #2 coming up this Friday. A fairly uneventful appointment but more progress nonetheless. I believe it's about 8 more weeks until we can find out what it is, which we're going to do. We're pretty bad at waiting for things. :) Definitely more to come on that...

This past Friday we went to Brewers Opening Day which was awesome. It was so nice to not have to wear a winter coat. A big group of us tailgated which was a lot of fun. Some of us went into the game to witness the stomping of the San Francisco Giants but I bet the others that stayed out in the parking lot had just as much fun. How could you not? Apparently the Journal Sentinel was there taking random pictures of fans and caught a nice pic of a friend, and frequent reader, Derrick and his son Dawson. Check it out here. Nice pic big D!

Oh, and the Brewers just beat the Reds in the bottom of the tenth inning to move to 6-1...sweet.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Let the cat out of the bag" Funny, cause that sounds a lot like what you did to get Kirsten pregnant.

4/09/2008 3:09 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Classy...

4/09/2008 3:21 PM  
Blogger Mr. Interesting said...

I'm definately living the High Life now, I've made it in the Journal Sentinel and High Life Heaven! That was a great picture at a great game, thanks for putting the link up for others to view!

4/09/2008 9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I thought with the limited postings lately, not many peeps would be reading your Blog when I posted last,LOL. "Sorry" Kirsten for the slip, feel free to kick me in the stones when you see me next, as I won't be using them since my wife reamed me out for my last post.j.k.
BTW, you should be getting your application for that NBC show "my Dad can kick you Dad's butt" in the mail shortly. I figured we could start off with some light thumb-wrestling Mem Day weekend after about 12-15 brews in us!!!!!!

4/10/2008 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This world has been incomplete w/o a Mini-D...congrats! Care to wager a bet on the kid having your hair? BAB

4/10/2008 4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... your anonymous people (not just this post) are lovely people, aren't they? Anyway, Congrats!! I am happy to finally see the announcement! Can't wait to see if I'll have a little niece or nephew :)

4/10/2008 7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/11/2008 2:14 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

YAY!! Congratulations Derek! That is so exciting. :) I'm really happy for you and Kirsten!

4/14/2008 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home