Tuesday, March 15, 2005

WARNING: Boring Read

I haven't posted anything since Friday and since I seem to give my sister a hard time for taking a few days off, I better heed my own advice, or torment, however you want to describe it, and post something. This past weekend was very low key. I was dogsitting Rocky again for the weekend which was fun. She's such an easy dog to watch. If all dogs were that easy, I would have one for sure.

Saturday night Kirsten and I went out to dinner to Buca's with her good friends Christy & Josh and their 16-month old, Elijah. This was the second dinner that week with one of her close friends. We are finally finding time to go out to dinner with people and get to know each other's good friends better. For those unaware, we were dating about 9 months when we got engaged. Most of her friends are either 1) married and/or have kids or 2) nurses that work nights like she does so it has been tough to find a lot of time to get to know everyone.

6 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Oh my goodness, I want a Rocky. What a sweet face.

So when did you and Kirsten get engaged again? I remember reading that she is a nurse, but not that she works nights. So is that 11-7? Wow. Great that you are finally meeting her friends - that was one of the biggest pleasures I had, showing off my fiance. :)

3/15/2005 7:40 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Christine: We got engaged on Dec 8. She works nights as a nurse from 7 PM to 7:30 AM 3 nights a week. When she has to work three nights in a row, look out. She can get crabby :)

BigDubb: We took home some leftovers (of course) from Buca's so I had some lunch the next day. Yum.

3/16/2005 7:17 AM  
Blogger Orchid Lover said...

Maybe it's the pug breed because I think Lambeau is pretty easy for Nicole and Jeff to take care of too. Awwww you and Kirsten should get one :)

3/16/2005 8:08 AM  
Blogger hot babe said...

The garlic mashed potatoes with a stick of butter melting on top of them are the best on earth. And the chicken parmesean is to die for, too. I'm hungry. Is 8:45am too early for Buca?

3/16/2005 8:47 AM  
Blogger The Unprocessed Project said...

Rocky is a doll. So ugly she is cute.

We have a few Bucas around here, but I have never been there. Maybe I need to try out the mashed potatoes.

3/16/2005 10:26 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

That schedule sounds rough! My sister is a nurse and was doing the 3 12's schedule 3 days in a row for a while. She couldn't stand it, especially by that 3rd day. Ugh.

So you guys are not in the long engagement category - that's great. Married life is so heavenly, who would want to wait? :)

3/19/2005 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home