Monday, October 05, 2009

First Half Live! Packers @ Vikings

7:24 PM: Let's get it on! I couldn't help but fall into the hype for this game today ever since a Vikings super tool, I mean, fan, wore a Vikings Favre jersey to work today. Personally, I think he should be suspended without pay for the rest of the year. But I have neither the time, nor the inclination to pursue that.

7:27 PM: Steve Young (ESPN) gives the nod to the Pack which is a bit of a surprise stating that this is "Aaron Rodgers coming out party." Well done. However that comment is immediately followed up by "I completely disagree" by Matt Millen. And if anyone knows football, it's Matt Millen.

7:30 PM: I'm sippin on an Oktoberfest from Lakefront Brewery and to be honest, this is the least of my favorite Oktoberfest beers I've had this year. Come on Lakefront, step it up.

7:31 PM: Looking back a couple years ago, I can't believe I only gave this possibility about a 30% chance of happening. Deep down, I knew it was 100%.

7:36 PM: Jaws lets us know that A. Peterson is arguably the greatest runner in NFL history. Really. In his third season. Yeah, just like Reggie Bush was a lock for the Hall of Fame before he was even drafted. Peterson is awesome, so far, but let's not get carried away. Oh wait, I forgot this is ESPN.

7:41 PM: Kickoff. Ah yes, Ryan Longwell. I miss you. Mr. Wide Left Mason Crosby isn't cutting it for me anymore. First & ten from the 26. Grant stuffed. To be a theme? Hope not, he's on my fantasy team. Oh, follows up with a 13-yard gain. Nice.

7:44 PM: Welcome back Holding penalties. I've missed you all week.

7:46 PM: How does Barbe still have hair? Shouldn't his head been shaved by now by his teammates given all his screw ups so far this season? GREAT play to pick up the first down to the Vikings 45.

7:49 PM: Still moving..sweet play to Finley. Nice to see the TE's getting involved so early. AND we have a fumble. Maybe this blog won't make it the whole first half because I almost broke this wireless keyboard over my knee.

7:52 PM: Why is MM challenging that play?? Who up in the booth told him it may NOT be a fumble?! Lord.

7:53 PM: Favre under center against the Pack. I'm just as annoyed as I thought I'd be.

7:56 PM: Vikes pick up a first down but I like the pursuit the last 2 plays. Hopefully they'll continue that and get some momentum going because their run D has been atrocious.

7:58 PM: Taunting? For talking trash? This IS football isn't it???

8:01 PM: Going for it on 4th. Nothing like setting the tone early...I'm sensing Offsides on the D...nope, just a first down. Ugh.

8:03 PM: Well, at least their TE is on my fantasy team. 7-0 Vikes. Little too much excitement going on at Favre's steakhouse in GB. WTF?

8:06 PM: Pack starts from the 33.

8:10 PM: TOUCHDOWN!!!! 3rd & 5 and a phenomenal play. See my 7:49 PM post @ TE. 7-7...Go Pack! Brett who?

8:13 PM: Nice kickoff coverage. Special Teams had been pretty weak for oh, about 5 years.

8:16 PM: We're informed by the booth that Favre now has the record for most TD's for one team before throwing one for another team. Um, how many records are they going to make up for him??

8:18 PM: Nice..punt it away boys. Blackmon (essentially) fair catches at the Pack's 40. I don't know how those dudes catch that ball with a bunch of players bearing down on them. Big props for that.

8:20 PM: First down, Ryan Grant. I'm not getting cocky in my mind this time. End of first quarter and man, my fingers are tired from typing. It's worth it though right? RIGHT?! (Thanks Mom for reading) I'll take this moment to apologize for not posting more on this here blog. I know it's been neglected and I know I've promised to keep it up. I'm working on it.

8:23 PM: Q2 begins...with a Rodgers sack. Not sure what's going on with him. Usually he's good at getting rid of the ball in that situation. 2nd & 17...and I'm not crazy about that play call. I hope they're not playing for a GB with Crosby. Oh jeez...going for it on 4th & 3?? WOW...I'll take that. First down!

8:26 PM: Childress tried to challenge but apparently the challenge flag got caught in his beard. Play stands.

8:27 PM: Really Rodgers? When you stare at the WR the WHOLE way, chances are it's going to get picked. Vikes ball...and a sweet GoDaddy commercial. Yum.

8:30 PM: Oh no, my main man Cullen is down! On of my favorite players and he is needed badly. Get up big guy! "Get your suit on! We need ya!" Yes, that was a "Back to School" quote.

8:34 PM: I have too many jokes about what Jaws keeps referring to as "gap discipline" to insert here. Please stop Jaws, I'm begging you.

8:37 PM: Hate to say it, but Favre is playing with us on this drive. C'mon Pack! AND he finishes off the drive with a sweet TD pass...14-7 Bad guys. I really hope they don't show Favre's Steak House in GB again. If those 2 tools with Vikes Favre jerseys are still standing, then GB has failed me.

8:42 PM: And during the ensuing kickoff Blackmon is hurt, badly it seems. This game is starting to spiral downhill. This lame Favre Sears commercial isn't making things any better either!! Back to the game and yes, Blackmon is hurt and it doesn't look good. THAT will hurt.

8:46 PM: Screen to Wynn, which he drops. I don't think I'll be able to watch this whole game. I'll either have a heart attack or yell so loud Lauren will wake up. I don't know which would be worse.

8:52 PM: And FUMBLE return for a TOUCHDOWN! Nice work CMJ! Peterson looked a little banged up there. Wonder if he's hurt? I hope it's not serious 14-14! Go Pack!

8:54 PM: Nice kickoff coverage again! Momentum turned? And there's the classic Favre moonball I've been waiting for. I think that thing would have hit the video board in the new Dallas stadium. Unfortunately it fell freely to the turf. Two Minute warning until halftime and the end of this blog post. Going by fast but I need to ice my wrists. (No jokes there please)

8:59 PM: long pass down to the 2 yard line. Harvin should have just made it in since I had to play him in fantasy football this week.

9:01 PM: after an INT negated by yet another bogus penalty tonight, Peterson runs it in. 21-14 Vikes.

So as we approach halftime, some last words before I sign off and officially go insane watching the rest of this. I like some of the things I'm seeing here. I don't think too many people actually think the Pack's going to win this game tonight. Too many issues on D right now colliding with playing against the best RB in the league and Favre in Prime time. You have a feeling, and you've seen some of it already, I don't think the almighty THEY are going to let Favre lose this game tonight, which is fine. Long way to go in the season and the Pack have some strides to make on both offense and defense. Hopefully they'll make a game of this and be hitting on all cylinders when the Vikes come to Lambeau on November 1.

Have a good night and go Pack!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog D! Just watched Favrey's 3rd TD, ouch.

-Juan

10/05/2009 9:32 PM  
Blogger Vinny Carpetner said...

Very nice summary. Wish Packers were doing a little better :(

10/05/2009 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Zyrel E said...

Hello,

I'm hoping that you can give me a hand with a quick fix. Apparently, being linked or connected to your website is in violation to the Google Webmaster, Google Penguin and Google Panda guidelines that cover our company's SEO and online marketing efforts. In effect, your website's backlink to famous-smoke.com may be hurting our company's SEO efforts, particularly our Google search ranking.


In this light, we requesting all standing links that your website has made to our company and company website (famous-smoke.com) to be removed. We do hope that this request be resolved in the soonest possible time.
Backlink Location on Your Domain:http://highlifeheaven.blogspot.ca/2005_08_01_archive.html
Again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and I'm doing everything I can to try and correct this matter as soon as possible.

5/13/2015 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home