Saturday, January 07, 2006

Emotional Rollercoaster

Thanks for the kick in the butt Binsk...

The last few weeks have certainly been an emotional rollercoaster for my family. First as you may have read on my sister Gina's blog, we had a close call with our Dad late Christmas Eve. He was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery. You can read more about that on her blog if you like, but it looks like he's going to be fine.

Then a bit of good news. On January first, my cousin Cari and her husband Drew welcomed baby #2, Luc Andrew, into their family. He weighed in at 6 and a half pounds and is doing great.







Then some more bad news. This past week my uncle Dan (my Dad's brother) passed away at the age of 63. Far too young and yet another example of the DeGroot curse that seems to always happen around Christmas time. There are others but I don't think I need to rehash them at the moment. Yesterday Kirsten and I headed up to Green Bay for the funeral. It was tough as all of them are. The worst part is that it could have been prevented.

Anyway, here's to looking forward to the rest of 2006. Last year was crazy for us with the wedding and both of us changing jobs/positions so I'm looking forward to hopefully slowing down a little and taking the time to enjoy 2006. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home