Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Black Friday

Happy Post-Thanksgiving everyone. I hope you all had a great time and ate too much. Kirsten and I jumped right into family duties and had our first Thanksgiving at home, just the two of us. She started a new job at another hospital when we got back from the honeymoon and by that time all the choice vacation days had been snatched up so she had to work late Wednesday night and early this morning. So, begrudingly, we made the decision not to travel to spend any time with our families and to spend our first Thanksgiving together, alone. It was a good day. Kirsten made her first attempt at cooking a turkey...a 10-pounder...and it turned out great (nice job hun). Also we made a standard favorite, cheesy potatoes, and also green bean cassarole and apple pie. Needless to say , we have quite a bit of leftovers but that's pretty usual of my favorite holiday.

We both laughed at the amount of time and effort into the planning, preparing and cooking and then the 10 minutes it took to eat. Reminded us of a smaller version of the wedding. We got our picture proofs back the other day. Half the pictures I don't even remember. It's amazing that after the months and months of planning, the day goes by SO fast and you barely remember it. I was talking to my Dad last night and he asked "so, how's married life treating you?" It's funny, I've been asked that a few times now and the only reponse I have is "oh, it's good." I have nothing else to say because the big event went by so fast, that I hardly remember it so things don't feel really any different, other than this ring on my finger and my credit card bills. Oh well..so it goes. I suppose I should come up with a better, more positive answer to that question though...

9 Comments:

Blogger Orchid Lover said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Sounds like a lot of fun for the two of you! We missed you back home. Hope to see you both soon

11/25/2005 3:41 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Wow, your Thanksgiving sounds great:)
It is funny how much preparation goes into it, and how fast it takes to eat it.

11/25/2005 10:06 PM  
Blogger Reg said...

Congrats on your thanksgiving and how wonderul that it was just the two of you. having s many people here drov e muts and after dinner I hid in the bedroom because all the loud talking got to me. I enjoyed most of it and everyone loved my cooking thank GOd. I worried something would go wrong. We had a 22 lb turkey and everything possible to go with it. Too bad me and Peter have been fighting day after day otherwise it might have been a nice holiday.

11/26/2005 12:43 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Happy Thanksgiving belatedly! I know what you mean about all the preparation for 10 minutes of eating. I think our dinner was only stretched out because we had to pass the food around to 9 people.

Kirsten's turkey is gorgeous!

11/26/2005 5:43 PM  
Blogger ab said...

Oh the turkey looks so good! Sounds like you had the best kind on Thanksgiving that newlyweds could have. Mine was similar and I couldn't be happier.

11/27/2005 10:37 PM  
Blogger The Unprocessed Project said...

Yay for your first Thanksgiving as a married couple! Great job on the turkey Kristen.

11/28/2005 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, guys.

We celebrated Black Friday in our usual way: by staying the #@$% home and not spending a dime!

11/29/2005 1:01 AM  
Blogger Robin Alexa said...

That turkey looks delish, good job Derek's hun :)

11/29/2005 1:34 PM  
Blogger hot babe said...

I know I should probably be sick of turkey being as it's after Thanksgiving & all, but that looks soooooooo good.

11/29/2005 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home