Friday, July 29, 2005

R.I.P. National Liquor Bar

Last night my buddy Todd and I went to the Brewers game (thanks for the tickets, Ryan). The Crew got shut out which sucked but the weather was perfect. Grilled out some tasty brats and kraut and, of course, the High Life flowed.

After the game, we stopped in at the National Liquor Bar to pay our respects since it is closing this weekend after being a fixture in Milwaukee for 66 years. It was the first time either of us have been in there. It was pretty neat, and from the sounds of it, it will be missed. I sure will since it was $2.30 for TWO 12-oz taps of High Life. Bargain!

1 Comments:

Blogger stuffle said...

I was at that game too. It was part of our nine pack. Very weird game, especially the 5th. Cruz gets to second base on a strike out, then we walk Metheny to get to Hennesy, only to get behind in the count (on the pitcher no less) and end up giving him something he hits out of the park. At the end of the inning, SF has 3 runs off one freakin' hit. Arrrgggghhh!!!

Its would be enough to make me pull my hair out, if it wasn't too short to grab...

7/30/2005 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home