Sunday, January 30, 2005

Depressing, yet fun

Well UWM lost to UWGB. I still can't believe it. It was a good game, but a tough loss. UWM can't afford any more. They need to be the top seed going into the Conference tournament.

Other than the loss, the night was a lot of fun. The five of us went to dinner, the game, and then to what seemed like and endless string of bars. I hadn't been out until bar time in a while, and my headache this morning reminded me why. It was fun though. As usual, the "top 5 bands of all time" conversation came up. You can tell it's a good night when that topic comes up.

Also, I asked my friend Eric that lives in Green Bay to stand up in my wedding. His wife, Stephanie, will be doing a reading as well. They're both ver excited, as am I. It was also their son Connor's first birthday this weekend so I got to hang out with them for a few hours Saturday afternoon. Four groomsmen down, one left to ask. For some reason, I've been taking my time asking people to stand up, waiting for "the right time" or something. Oh well, I'm going to try to ask the last person this week. Hopefully he'll say "yes" and be excited as well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we need to see the pictures of Todd in his Pucker T-shirt and glow necklaces on your website.
Charlie

2/01/2005 12:23 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Good one Charlie.. Perhaps we can persude him to wear them out on Friday night. I'll bring the camera.

2/01/2005 12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing a photo of this "Todd" guy in the pucker tee and glow necklaces is a bad idea. I'm just concerned about the asthetics of your Blog.

Concerned Blog viewer,
Rodd Toehl

2/01/2005 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home