Friday, January 28, 2005

Heading Home

Today I am heading home to Green Bay for the weekend. Tomorrow night UWM plays UWGB and so it has become a tradition for a few friends and I to make the road trip up from Milwaukee and meet up with my friend Mike, who lives up there. Mike is one of my friends standing up in my wedding this October. This weekend I also plan to ask another friend who lives in Green Bay if he will stand up as well. I hope he says "yes." Has that happened to any of you? Has someone turned down that invitation? That would feel pretty awful I bet. Great, now I'm psyching myself out. By the way, the question I just posed goes to the 3 or so people that actually read my blog! I would guess that this will be my last post until Monday which is, in fact, my birthday. Be ready for a depressing post that day I'm sure. Until then...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I turned down my sister's request for me to be a groomsman. The guy she was marrying had 4 brothers and a bunch of buddies...and I am not really close to my sister. So I felt it was wrong for me to take a groomsman spot just because I am her only brother. I was reassigned to usher.

1/28/2005 1:16 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Lizzy: He did say "yes" and he is very excited about it. It was a long, fun weekend. Hope yours was fun too!

Anonymous: Good example. I would probably do the same thing.

1/30/2005 3:28 PM  
Blogger Orchid Lover said...

Hey, I'm testing my commenting to see if it comes up as Gina or my new name. Thanks :)

3/15/2005 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home