Monday, September 26, 2005

0-3...yikes

Went to the Packers game yesterday with my Dad (thanks Dad!) and it turned out to be a pretty nice day contrary to what the weather reports were in the morning. Before the game, there was a huge tailgate party, catered my Saz's, that included a band, free open bar, free cigars, and um, professional bartenders. It absolutely poured at around 11:00 which was fine, because we were hanging out in the tents and by the time we went into the game, there was no rain. I didn't need to wear my rain jacket once during the game.

The game was pretty exciting and the crowd around us was fun except for this annoying woman right behind me from Tampa that felt the need to call someone on her cell phone after every big play Tampa had. Ridiculous. Haven't these people ever been to a game before? (the answer is "yes"...they've gone to "hundreds" of games in Tampa....right). Anyway, the Pack lost by one and for the second time in my life, I am going to pull the referee card. I cannot believe the refs cost us a touchdown. Tampa's QB fumbled and we ran it in for a touchdown. The refs, however, blew the wistle calling it an incomplete pass and after the review, all they could say was "yes, it was a fumble, but the wistle blew." WTF? I'm all for the rules, but the problem is they shouldn't have called the play dead. If they would have let the play go, and Tampa challenged it, they could overturn it but since the whistle blew, that option was dead for us. Grr...anyway, it was a fun time and hopefully the Pack can turn it around.....

1 Comments:

Blogger The Unprocessed Project said...

I saw that the Pack lost and though of you drowning your sorrows in High Life. At least the open bar before the game made it worth while!

9/26/2005 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home