Friday, March 25, 2005

Bittersweet 16

Well it had to come to an end sometime. UWM gave the #1 team in the land a good run I think which is all I could ask for after making it to the Sweet 16. Great team, great season, great ride. They lose a couple seniors this year, but they should make it back to the big dance next season as well. We'll see how much better Joah Tucker is next year. He was a man among boys last night (and no, no need for Michael Jackson jokes about that comment).

A little slow moving today. My friends and I watched the game at The Lodge where they have a deal on Thursday nights...free pizza with each pitcher of beer. Great deal. We had to call off the pizza orders after a few pitchers though because we were out drinking our eating. No doubt that this will be one long day at work.

3 Comments:

Blogger ab said...

That's actually a good way for bars to keep you drinking. Soak up the beer with the free pizza so you have to keep ordering more beer. Very smart. I hope you're feeling OK today!

3/25/2005 11:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not the lodge in siren wisconsin???We have been going there for our family reunion for years if we are thinking of the same place!Love the mini golf!

3/25/2005 1:09 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Agnieszka: It is a good plan. Unfortunately I didn't eat enough of it to soak up all the beer!

Stacy: I think we are talking about 2 different places. I was referring to The Lodge in Milwaukee, WI.

3/25/2005 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home